Thursday, June 30, 2011

Studio

Deciding what to do for my capstone has been very difficult.  I know that I am interested in hospitality, residential, and retail...or at least these are my favorites out of the kinds of design I can do.  Going back to my personal interests I love luxury, food, working out, nature, and health.  I feel as though I can combine my personal and design interests into one but only how????

I was also inspired by the lecture today by John Renoux on the Le Maison de Fada.  I found it interesting how Le Corbusier designed a building that allowed each person living there access to all kinds of amenities in a short distance.  It was a village in a high rise!  As much as I thought it was a unique and good idea I could not help but question if we all lived in buildings like this would we not become lazy and crave easier and easier ways to have everything we need so accessible.  I feel as though technology itself has already led us down this road.  Children and teens play video and computer games instead of using their imagination outdoors.  Facebook, social networks, Skype and texting have created this easy communication where people do not need to get in their car to visit friends or make a personal phone call.  The t.v brings the outside wonders of the world to our home.  How can we design a space that has some of the positives of easy access while still creating a temptation for people to leave their homes, socialize, and explore the areas outside of their comfort zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment