Monday, July 4, 2011

Decisions Decisions Decisions...

Deciding what to do for my capstone has been difficult.  I feel so much pressure on myself to do something unique and there are a couple things that I would love to do!  I absolutely love hotels and spas and I would love to create one combined with a residence.  With a small amount of research, I've noticed that there is such a separation between the hotel area and the residence area and a lot of the hotels that I have looked at appeal to only one type of person (usually a single, wealthy, bachelor/bachelorette, or couple)  The four season has created some more family friendly places but the residence and the hotel are very separate.  I was wondering if it would be beneficial to create a hotel/residence that is more intermixed, appeals to more types of people, and has many amenities but also encourages you to leave and be active.
     My second idea is to create a spa/gym.  I feel as though there are so many typical gyms, and the set up is not an encouraging space for people to work out in.  I'd like to revamp and update the typical gym to something that would encourage people to work out, make it more enjoyable, and appeal to those who do not enjoy working out because the typical gym does out work out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment