Saturday, July 23, 2011

Overwhelmed

Since I am designing a boutique luxury LEED Platinum Hotel in Tempe, Arizona, I have been doing a lot of research about the planning, marketing, business, and designing of a hotel.  Today it hit me that there is ALOT that goes into it!!  I had a minor anxiety attack as I was writing post its of what I need to add to my program and I learned about things that I would not think of!  There is so much that goes into creating the front of house and the back of house and at the same time, both are very separate and a lot of the work that goes behind running a hotel must be completely hidden from guests so they keep a sense of ease and relaxation.  Looking at my site, this will definitely be difficult.  There are attractions surrounding every part of the building that need and should be accessible to guests...If you are ever thinking about doing a hotel for a capstone let me tell you this... you will not only b designing a hotel but an office, restaurant, event venue, and in my case residential, retail, museum, club and bar!  Its going to difficult but I LOVE it and I'm very excited!  I just hope I don't run out of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment