Friday, July 15, 2011

Rain

I love rainy days!  Since I'm from Phoenix, I do not see much rain but when I do it is gorgeous!  The smell of the wet desert air is unforgettable and the sight of the huge storm clouds rolling in is intimidating yet gorgeous.  When there is a storm, it is huge!  Thunder, lightning, heavy sheets of rain!  Its the only kind of storm that can hit the ground.... In the summer, you will see sheets of rain come down from a cloud part way through the sky and then disappear, because it is so hot, the rain evaporates before it makes it to the ground.  And as much as I love rainy days, I can only handle a few or I miss the sun..  Here are some of my favorite pictures of Arizona thunderstorms...

This is from the huge dust storm that made national news the other week


Other Storms






No comments:

Post a Comment