Friday, August 12, 2011

Computer or by Hand??

I have taken Revit and CAD classes and now I am in a 3DS Max class.  Sometimes when learning all these computer programs, I miss doing things by hand.  A nice part about the programs is that we can very accurate with our plans but when it comes to renderings, I feel as though that it takes just as long to do it by hand and computer.  Also, the computer renderings can look cold and not as inviting as when you do it by hand and you can really give more of the feeling of the room.  As I have been non stop rendering the past few days I've been thinking well for my capstone... should I render by hand or by computer.... I feel as though people are naturally more "impressed" by the computer renderings but I feel as though hand renderings are sometimes more appropriate when you have a lot o custom furniture and materials in a space...Maybe there is way to do both and be able to visually display both of them in a cohesive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment