Monday, August 1, 2011

Saturday in Phoenix

Ohhhh my goodness!  Woke up at 4:30 am!  Thanks to the time change it was pretty easy for me to get up but not so much for my little brother!  My boyfriend, brother, and I wanted to hike Echo Canyon in Camelback Mountain.  A quarter of the way up, I realized how I was in such good shape when I lived in Phoenix!  After climbing the first 70 degree incline I felt as though my Kashi cereal was going to revisit me!!  After an hour of burning my quads, hamstrings, glute, and calves we were finally at the top!! And I beat them :D !  It was amazing!  I felt so at home looking out over Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Tempe, Cave Creek, etc, etc, etc... It was the only time I would truly could take a deep breadth and relax for a bit and I soaked up every second of it!  After about 20 minutes though, the boys began to complain and I had a lot of work to do for the baby shower... let alone homework!! (Photos courtesy of Steven)

"I don't remember it being this hard...."



1st 70 degree incline... Thank you for the pole!

Paradise Valley/ Scottsdale/ Phoenix


"Half way!! Second wind...."

Top!!

Me, Steven, and Jake my brother



We all went to Wildflower Bread Company where I used to work, had breakfast and then continued home where the boys did not even make it to their beds and decided to crash on the floor!!  Wish I could of taken a nap but instead I was cleaning the entire first floor for the baby shower just to have it be destroyed again by the boys and everyone else... Its a lot of work living with six people and three dogs...





After dinner I only lasted 15 minutes of the movie Bounty Hunter and I crashed!  I was so excited for the baby shower, there was still a lot of work and I wanted to be well rested!

No comments:

Post a Comment