Sunday, August 21, 2011

Days Fly By..

I can't believes its been four days since I have blogged and I have been doing so much...

First, the Kin Valley internship is going well.  Im glad I did it because its been a great learning experience with working with real clients and running into the typical issues of wanting a low budget, yet high quality, and sustainability and you just cannot have it all.  Its also been nice to create stronger local contacts with sales representatives and other businesses.  The other day I had a meeting with Scott Center at NOS about DIRTT and the ICE system that they use.  It is really amazing how the software makes your life so simple by specking all of your products right there and giving you the price of what it will cost. The products all also fascinating about the simplicity and how they are reusable.  I also found out that the new DIRTT factory opened up in Phoenix this past week and I was very excited to have a facility there to be able to receive products from in the future.  I also had a meeting with Kin Valley which went pretty well.  I have to say its difficult when you are two interns working for four interns who are working for an employee who is then working for another person who is then working for the boss.  The communication is not very strong and it has definitely been a struggle.  The office space definitely needed some help but it has been a very fun company to design for!

Second, my boyfriend is deploying for Iraq so I had a pool party for him on Saturday and that was a lot of fun!  He had a blast and then we all went out that night with his close friends and people that he worked with.  He's definitely exhausted and so am I!  We also went on one of our last dates before he leaves to Ele on Friday.  I got the Mahi Mahi and it was delicious!!  I then made him Bazooka when we went home.  Its a half baked chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge!  Very delicious!!

Third, my dad is coming in today to visit very very fast and Im about to go pick him up after I get my car washed because he gets very upset when it is not perfect! Hahaha Im going to show him around Savannah and show him the architecture. Also, I think Im going to take him out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Leocis and then I'll take him to his favorite place here, Leopolds!  Tomorrow, I'm going to take him to J Christophers and then he has to fly to Atlanta for business.  It will be very nice to see him since its been a  loonnnnggggg time since he has been here!

STUDIO!!
Yes I have been working on studio and my 3DS Max class in-between all of this.  The model is going nicely and I'm pretty happy with it.  The silos are definitely a PAIN to build! UGH!  But im getting through it! I've also been continuing my research and simplifying it down to fit in my book.  I'm still working on the graphics of my book.  Graphics have always been a bit hard for me and it usually takes my a built longer than others to come up with something that I really like.  A recent graduate from the SCAD interior design masters program came in and she spoke to each one of us to give us some advice. It was really helpful and nice to meet with her.  It was also great to here from someone else that I had a good amount of information on my building and that I've done a great amount of analyzing it. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment