Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Green Materials

For my project I've been researching sustainable materials to use within my building.  These are some of my plans and some of the materials I have found that I might use.

Floors:

For some of the flooring, I am taking the old wood flooring in the building and the old timber structures and I am going to re use and re finish the wood in a Low VOC finish.

For tiling to possibly use in bathrooms or entryways, I found a great company called iris that is based out of Anaheim,CA.  The two products I like are partially made of recyclable materials in the USA and are Greengaurd certified for air quality.  The stone is manufactured within 325 miles of their manufacturing site and the company is conscious of being as sustainable as possible in shipping and the creation of the product.

 Carbon
Ebony


 Another one of my favorite companies is Oceanside Glass Tile based out of Carlsbad California and is available through the Arizona Tile showroom. 





I love Caesarstones materials and I love juxtaposing it with a natural, organic, and rustic looking material.


Yolo paint!! Yolo paint has no VOCs and is Greengaurd Certified. 








No comments:

Post a Comment