Monday, August 1, 2011

Thursday in Phoenix

I arrived in Phoenix at Sky Harbor at 9:30 p.m! Ecstatic to see my family, see my site, and throw my sisters baby shower!  My dad and my brother picked up my boyfriend and I and as we were on the 202 going towards the 101 there it was.  The Hayden Flour Mill popping out against 'A' Mountain with its white coloring!  I've always had a strong curiosity for the building since I joined the Xavier Crew team as a freshman in high school.  I wondered what it was... I was in awe of the size and as much of a part of me was somewhat scared of it, I also thought it was beautiful structure that always intrigued me.  Leaving practice every day, I grew accustomed to passing it on my way home.  With light I always thought about how the place could be revamped and all the possibilities of how to use it... at night it somewhat scarred me to death and looked like a perfect haunted site.  Years later I am finally able to do something with it and when we were passing it, this amazing feeling came over me of excitement and anticipation!  I couldn't wait for the weekend to begin and to visit the mill and Mill Avenue.

Chelsea Porter picture- Possibilties

Haunted??.... Luckily I found no information saying that people have had a haunting experience there... although its a big a tradition for ASU students to have to break in and spend one night in the building...
I dont think I could do that... could you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment